Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fixing Stupid

Rep. Todd Akin (R-Missouri) on his stance on abortion and pregnancies from the act of rape: 

"It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape [my bold italics], the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child."  

According to the Centers for Disease Control, more than 32,000 pregnancies result from rape each year--so much for "rare."Although he later issued the standard "I misspoke" quote to try to walk back his stunningly ignorant, outrageous, and inaccurate remarks, it's clear that Todd Akin's original quote reflects his views on women, abortion, and rape. The "war on women" by the GOP is real.


This clown really needs to GSDS!
  

3 comments:

  1. REBECCA YOU ARE A H.A.M. AND YOU NEED TO G.S.D.S

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Anonymous, 11:29 am,

    I suspect you are my mother or one of my siblings--lol!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down --- This is why men should not be allowed to comment on abortion or any other women's issue... Idiots like him can't stop proving they're idiots.
    I had a moronic friend who "heard" using Coca-Cola afterward will prevent pregnancy ... As opposed to say, the pill, a condom or any other proven form of birth control But "having ways to shut that whole thing down" ??? Wow.. now that's an idiot.

    ReplyDelete